Help wanted: Senior Network Engineer
Blekko is a stealth search engine created by the founders of the Open Directory (DMOZ) and the news search engine Topix. In addition to needing a new name (we’re working on it), we need to add a top-notch network engineer to the team.
OK, first the standard stuff:
The ideal candidate will be a programming-adept network engineer to grow with our operations team. You should also have:
* Admin experience with Linux/Unix
* Programming and admin experience with network protocols
* Perl fluency
* Ability to work both in a team and as an individual
Responsibilities of the job will range from helping us architect our data centers, to working on day-to-day system stability and troubleshooting. A large fraction of your job will involve programming.
Now the good stuff:
We think this is a particularly interesting opportunity for the right person for a bunch of reasons:
• Blekko is a search engine – a more infrastructure-intensive industry does not exist. We’re not talking about managing a small cluster of 10 machines here – there’s a BIG Linux cluster involved (plus Linux desktops and Mac laptops).
• We’re a start-up, so you’d be part of a small team. Combine a small team and big cluster – yeah, it’s a pretty meaty job.
• Compensation: we’re well funded and we pay market rates, which includes both an option component and a generous benefits package.
• Cool co-workers: and we’re not just talking about the founders:
How to apply:
Send a resume to email@example.com