1. Honolulu has some of the lowest violent crime rates in the US and some of the highest petty crime rates.
2. Pronouncing some of those seemingly un-pronounceable Hawaiian names is much easier than it appears - just literally pronounce every vowel. (ex. Nuuanu - is Noo-oo-a-noo)
3. Pineapple Upside Down Cake came to favor after it won the Pillsbury Bake Off contest years ago.
4. The "swimming hole" outside the Doris Duke house in Diamond Head could never come to be today - she dynamited the coral to create it. A definite no no these days.
5. The H1 is, despite it residing solely on Oahu, a part of our interstate highway system.